[uf-discuss] hJob

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 14:01:38 PDT 2006

I hope y'all have seen this, but this is what I'm referring to when I
talk about dove-tails joints...

Niall Kennedy has posted his resume in Atom:

http://www.niallkennedy.com/blog/archives/2006/01/atom-resume-podcast.html
http://www.niallkennedy.com/about/resume.atom

It's not clear whether he used hResume, those he's a clear candidate
to do so. What would be interesting and useful to me is to look at
what hJobs his resume might match up with -- not in a deterministic
way per se, but a looser kind of "related problem solving experience"
kind of way.

In that sense, again, I see a need to standardize the classes to be
consistent -- i.e. skills desired and skills offered could be marked
up as... well... "skills". Etc.

I do think that hListing might be useful as a type of container or
vessel, but then again, that's more or less what hAtom does.

I wonder if it might be worth considering the definitive differences
between hAtom and hListing in the context of syndicating hJobs and
hResumes.

Chris