[uf-discuss] vcard fn for name in "A. B. Smith" format

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Thu Aug 31 16:07:45 PDT 2006

In message <560D1CAD0901E444954578600B52066A029ED3 at MAIL02.ie.com>, David
Randall <DRandall at ie.com> writes

>I'm still very new to this however I'm not sure that using an
>abbreviation:
>
><abbr class="fn" title="Charles Windsor">His Royal Highness, The Prince
>of Wales</abbr>

ITYM:

        <abbr class="fn" title="Charles Windsor">His Royal Highness The
        Prince Charles Philip Arthur George, Prince of Wales, Duke of
        Cornwall and Earl of Chester, Duke of Rothesay, Earl of Carrick,
        Baron of Renfrew, Lord of the Isles, Prince and Great Steward of
        Scotland, Knight Companion of the Most Noble Order of the
        Garter, Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the
        Thistle, Great Master and First and Principal Knight Grand Cross
        of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath, Member of the Order of
        Merit, Knight of the Order of Australia, Companion of the
        Queen's Service Order, Honorary Member of the Saskatchewan Order
        of Merit, Chief Grand Commander of the Order of Logohu, Member
        of Her Majesty's Most Honourable Privy Council, Aide-de-Camp to
        Her Majesty.</abbr>

Though his friends call him:

        <abbr class="fn">The Prince Charles, Prince of Wales</abbr>

or:
        <abbr class="fn">Charles Philip Arthur George
        Mountbatten-Windsor</abbr>

The sooner we're a republic...
--
Andy Mabbett