[uf-discuss] simple rss question

David Janes davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Fri Dec 1 05:45:29 PST 2006

If this is a url inside a hcard (if I understand Ted's original post
correctly), wouldn't this be prefered:

<a
 rel="alternate url" type="application/rss+xml"
 title="RSS feed of Ted Drake"
 href="http://example.com/feed.rss" >Ted Drake's feed</a>

I.e. add the "url" class from hCard [1][2]?

Regards, etc...

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard#More_Semantic_Equivalents
[2] http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-examples#3.6.8_URL_Type_Definition

On 12/1/06, Kevin Marks <kmarks at technorati.com> wrote:
> If the page is for a person, then the RSS is an alternative. Use the
> Feed autodiscovery syntax makes sense:
>
> http://feedautodiscovery.org/doku.php
>
> but you could apply it to an <a href link instead of a <link one, eg

> of Ted Drake"
>        href="http://example.com/feed.rss" >Ted Drake's feed</a>
>

> On Dec 1, 2006, at 3:14 AM, Brian Suda wrote:
>
> > hm... not exactly sure what you mean? there is hAtom to mark-up HTML
> > as a feed.
> >
> > But i think you are asking for a way to say: "That RSS over there is
> > about this person!" (right?) if so, then i would look at the XFN
> > rel="me" property. That is used for identity consolidation, which (i
> > think) is what you are asking about... if not just reply and we can
> > see what we can do.
> >
> > -brian
> >
> > On 11/30/06, Ted Drake <tdrake at yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> >> Hi all
> >>
> >> I am adding hcard to a page and wondered if there was a pattern for
> >> defining
> >> the rss feed for an individual.
> >> It seems like there would already be something simple, i.e.
> >> class="rss" or
> >> rel="rss". I didn't see anything.
> >>
> >> Do you have a suggestion?

David Janes