[uf-discuss] [citation] url field

Ross Singer ross.singer at library.gatech.edu
Fri Dec 1 20:44:35 PST 2006

But how many 'citable' URLs contain ISBNs?  DOIs are likely to be in a
URL, but they are, sadly, impossible to discern (don't let the 10.foo
fool you -- a DOI can contain any character and as many characters
until whitespace - there is no way to know if the DOI ends before the
URL does).

Also, where do get that Jon Udell's Library Lookup 'is reliably
extracting ISBNs from URLs'?  LibraryLookup finds ISBNs in /HTML/ and
writes a URL to a library catalog based on it.

-Ross.