[uf-discuss] cheat-sheets, rekeyed

David Janes davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Tue Dec 5 00:43:55 PST 2006

Well, the cheatsheets are fairly sparse so I didn't feel it was
correct to write an elobrate explantion. In most cases, the user will
treat the fields as "required"; however, like Ciaran says, there's
also ways of deriving the value.

Regards, etc...

On 12/5/06, Ciaran McNulty <mail at ciaranmcnulty.com> wrote:
> On 12/5/06, Dr. Ernie Prabhakar <drernie at opendarwin.org> wrote:
> > * What exactly does "default rule" mean in the hatom cheat?
>
> Yeah that's not really clear.  It means that if the field isn't
> literally stated, it's often derivable anyhow.  For instance, if there
> is no @class="author" in an entry, then the entry author will default
> to the nearest in-parent address at class="author"
>
> -Ciaran McNulty

David Janes
Founder, BlogMatrix
http://www.blogmatrix.com