[uf-discuss] Fwd: Re: [Microid] MicroID hashing algorithm(s) and normalization

digital spaghetti digitalspaghetti at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 5 11:26:11 PST 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: digital spaghetti <digitalspaghetti at googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 19:24:40 +0000
Subject: Re: [Microid] MicroID hashing algorithm(s) and normalization
To: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at jabber.org>

Hi I'm new to the list, and I appoligise I can't provide full examples
as I'm on my blackberry just now.

I agree though this needs to be settled on. I've created a module for
drupal that generates microID's and embeds them as a meta tag in the
header (and using JS also adds a class to the node's main div tag).
I've confirmed that the url it's using is correct and for myself the
correct email address, but the hash I get is different to the one on
claimID so it never validates my links.

I'm using sha1 to encode the hash, like this:

$hash = sha1(sha1(email) . Sha1(url));

It's the same algorithim as the wordpress plugin that's available.  If
you like I could post an example on here tommorow. You can also see
the module at work on my site below.  Just click on any blog post then
view the rendered source (with firebug or web developer, standard view
source does not work correctly).

Tane
http://digitalspaghetti.me.uk