[uf-discuss] New Microformats Cheatsheet PDF

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 13:40:33 PST 2006

On 12/5/06, Dr. Ernie Prabhakar <drernie at opendarwin.org> wrote:
> Beautiful work; I love the table on the right!

--- cheers, i hope you find it helpful.

> One question:  why not use "?" for single occurence optional, and "+"
> for one or more, like Perl (and I) do. I actually can't figure out
> what character you use for "One or More" -- or is that a rendering
> error?

--- i think there was an reason why i didn't use ?, +, * (but i can't
remember at the moment). The "One or More" is the UTF "currency sign",
for me it is sort of emtpy circle with a cross through it - if they
are too similar, i can look into switching them. Part of the issue
with ?,+,* is how to you represent just "required" in REGEX simply
having a char there makes it exist, but on the chart it is slightly
more difficult.

I'm certainly open to making things clearer so let me know what you think.

-brian

--
brian suda
http://suda.co.uk