[uf-discuss] species microformats & OpenSearch

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Wed Dec 6 15:59:27 PST 2006

On Dec 6, 2006, at 5:35 PM, Andy Mabbett wrote:

>>> .could ever contribute to the semantic web in a meaningful way &
>>> will stand
>>> the test of taxonomic revisions
>> I agree with this.
>
> You may well be right - but since dealing with "taxonomic
> revisions" is
> entirely outside the scope of uFs, so what?

I think I agree with Andy on this, but I'm finding it difficult to
read past what appears to me to be unhelpful hostility.

People change names, but hCard doesn't account for this.  Publishers
are expected to update their hCards when names change, or have
invalid hCards, because name changes are an edge case that shouldn't
inconvenience publishers in general by making the microformat less
clear.  Are species name changes any different?

Peace,
Scott