[uf-discuss] [citation] container

Michael McCracken michael.mccracken at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 09:59:54 PST 2006

On 12/8/06, Alf Eaton <lists at hubmed.org> wrote:
> In our earlier straw proposal <http://microformats.org/wiki/citation-
> irc-notes-2006-04-09#Straw_Proposals>, the metadata for the container
> of the article was in a class="container" block, whereas in the
> current straw proposal <http://microformats.org/wiki/citation-
> brainstorming#Working_straw_schema> it's in the same block as the
> metadata for the article itself.
>
> The main occasion I can think of where this could be a problem is if
> the item is found in multiple containers (eg a track on two different
> albums, or a syndicated news article). Should there be a separate
> hcitation for each occurence, or should they be condensed into one
> with multiple containers?

I'm inclined to say they should be condensed into one with multiple
containers, since that seems simpler and avoids repetition. However, I
think the thing to do is follow existing practices, so if we can find
some marked-up examples of items with multiple containers and see how
they're already written, we'd have a better idea of which decision
would be likely to get used and which would be an imposition...

I can't think of where to find such examples, so if anyone else has
some, please share them.

-mike
--
Michael McCracken