[uf-discuss] Comments from IBM/Lotus rep about Microformats

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Sat Dec 9 09:40:39 PST 2006

On Dec 9, 2006, at 10:45 AM, Elias Torres wrote:

> However, more importantly, I need to find an
> important enough instance of the so-called problem that needs us to
> resolve the "general microformat(s)" case instead of hoping that if we
> build it, they will come.

Exactly.  That's my primary concern with trying to solve this problem
right now: building a solution around hypothetical publishing makes
the solution more likely to fail when real publishing shows up.  I
think it would be good if more publishers were adding their own non-
microformat semantics to their HTML to see how multiple experiments
actually conflict and how those conflicts are most easily resolved
before we formalize the process.

Peace,
Scott