how-to-play, community, tone (was Re: [uf-discuss] New wiki page summarily deleted)

Lucas Gonze lucas.gonze at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 15:35:57 PST 2006

On 12/9/06, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
> In message <C1A05283.82431%tantek at cs.stanford.edu>, Tantek Çelik
> <tantek at cs.stanford.edu> writes
> >I think in general we can self-regulate, but I am now open to removing
> >people who are consistently abusive from the list if necessary.
>
> Are you threatening me? Is that how you respond to criticism of your
> apparently high- handed actions?

Yes, Tantek was threatening you.  That's typical of life on
microformats.org.  He is an aggressive and controlling guy, and the
main other characters, the people who call themselves "moderators",
follow his lead.  You have to accept being pushed around by these guys
if you want to work on microformats.

The conclusion I personally draw is that this intellectual work
probably contains many flaws because it is conducted in an environment
that prevents authentic discourse.