[uf-discuss] rel="muse" implies romantic relationship?

Jason Garber jason at sixtwothree.org
Sun Dec 10 14:08:30 PST 2006

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to the mailing list, so apologies if this
has already been covered.

According to the XFN spec, rel="muse" is a link to someone who inspires
you, and is listed as being a "romantic" relationship. I was wondering
if it is always implied as a romantic relationship, since one could
certainly find someone else inspiring without being romantically
involved/interested.

I did a cursory search for anyone/anything that covered this, but
couldn't find anything more specific. Does anyone have any input on
this? Thanks for your help!

Jason Garber
jason at sixtwothree.org