[uf-discuss] Solution to wiki problem with misaligned section-edit links

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Mon Dec 11 14:25:36 PST 2006

On Dec 11, 2006, at 2:33 PM, David Janes wrote:

> Start a wiki page, keep it in edit mode (i.e. don't save) and play
> with it. The current practice has its downfalls but seems to work
> esthetically well, with the downside that you have to click one down
> to edit.

I just realized that this thread is discussing one of my pet peeves.
I can't believe I almost missed the opportunity to rant about how
annoying it is to click on an edit link and have it open the wrong
section.  But even more annoying than that: when the links get pushed
down, the last sections end up with no working edit links at all, so
you have to guess at the section number if you want to edit those
sections.  So I'll put my vote in for avoiding whatever causes this
to happen.

Peace,
Scott