[uf-discuss] Disambiguation Conventions? (was Comments from IBM/Lotus rep about Microformats)

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 21:29:25 PST 2006

Ryan Cannon wrote:
> If the community is slow to develop a format that makes
> sense, we often encourage authors to develop their own
> systems, which then can inform how a format will function in
> the wild. This is where documentation and the oft-belabored
> "process" becomes powerful. Although it can be annoying for
> early-adopters and people who need solutions now, it creates
> strong formats once the issues are solidified.

Arrgghhh!  (he says, frustrated that people address the tangent to his
issue, but don't/won't address his actual issue!)

So I repeat: How then can we achieve a disambiguation conventions to keep
official Microformats from conflicting with "proto- Microformats?"

--
-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/