[uf-discuss] Comments from IBM/Lotus rep about Microformats

Håkon Wium Lie howcome at opera.com
Mon Dec 11 22:20:03 PST 2006

Also sprach Mike Schinkel:

 > > I'm not quite sure what you mean here.  Is there a difference
 > > between lowercase microformats and uppercase microformats?
 >
 > lowercase microformats = unofficial semantic markup embedded in HTML
 > uppercase microformats = "Official" Microformat

This makes sense to me. Preventing people from using the term
"microformat" for their own set of class names is an uphill battle;
the term "microformat" is simply too attractive. Besides, people
should be encouraged to play. Most private sets will quickly die a
natural death and do no harm. Those who survive in the wild deserve
the capital M.

-h&kon
howcome at opera.com                  http://people.opera.com/howcome