Profiles was: [uf-discuss] Comments from IBM/Lotus rep about Microformats)

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Tue Dec 12 14:01:02 PST 2006

In message <45787E8C.2050203 at gmail.com>, brian suda
<brian.suda at gmail.com> writes

>It is possible for me to start creating a CSS style called 'vcard', but
>a parser would know that this is a style and not semantics because of
>the lack of a profile URI. Eventually, as microformats become more
>popular,  the profile URI is used to disambiguate random styles with
>intended semantic values.

How many of the current examples-in-the wild use a relevant profile?

Where, on the Wiki, and in the many on-line tutors, is the use of a
profile mandated, or even recommended?

Profiles aren't even mentioned on your own cheat-sheet!

--
Andy Mabbett
            *  Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>