professional relations (was: XFN usage stats and Re: [uf-discuss] rel="muse" implies romantic relationship?)

Angus McIntyre angus at pobox.com
Tue Dec 12 15:49:14 PST 2006

On Tue, December 12, 2006 5:05 pm, Andy Mabbett wrote:
> In message <00ac01c71d96$06018010$0702a8c0 at Guides.local>, Mike Schinkel
> <mikeschinkel at gmail.com> writes
>
>>OTOH, I could use any of the following if attached to "professional":
>>Respect, admire, impressed by,awed,  revere, worship, idolize, iconize.
>>If would be nice if there was a way to extend professional respect and
>>admiration.
>
> Not to mention: mentor, mentee, trainer, trainee,

I wonder if idolizing someone is in some way analogous to a VoteLinks
vote-for.

If we start encoding not only hierarchical relations but expressions of
approval/disapproval, you have the possibility to write some extremely
career-limiting XFN expressions.

and

are two that might not do you any good in the workplace ...

Angus