URI profiles [was RE: [uf-discuss] Comments from IBM/Lotus rep
andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Wed Dec 13 10:27:19 PST 2006
In message <001601c71e8a$15fcd600$0201a8c0 at andrieuhome>, Joe Andrieu
<joe at andrieu.net> writes
>Which means that URI profiles are /effectively/ required if you want to
>be assured that standards-compliant parsers will pick them up your
>Yea! I think profiles are great. So, why not formalize the
1) If profiles are mandatory (or implicitly required by p*rser
behaviour), what happens to people who cannot edit the "head" element
(blog or CMS users, for instance)?
2) Rather than having a profile for each uF (and, presumably,
near-duplicate profiles for nested uFs such as geo or adr in hCard?) why
not have one over-arching profile for all microformats?
* Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards: <http://www.no2id.net/>
* Free Our Data: <http://www.freeourdata.org.uk>
* Are you using Microformats, yet: <http://microformats.org/> ?
More information about the microformats-discuss