[uf-discuss] Regarding Profile URIs and Disambiguation

Nic James Ferrier nferrier at tapsellferrier.co.uk
Thu Dec 14 04:42:29 PST 2006

"Mike Schinkel" <mikeschinkel at gmail.com> writes:

> Ciaran McNulty write:
>> On 12/14/06, Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Just curious, what did you mean by "double entendre markup?"
>> It means 'double meaning'.
>
> <Sigh>  A "double entendre" often refers to something with a negative
> meaning. I was basically asking if that's what he was implying without being
> defensive.

In English a dounle entendre is not negative. It's rude.

So a microformats double entendre would be:

  Microformats:  Tantek's big thing.

The first meaning is that Microformats are an important idea that
Tantek is associated with.

The second meaning is that Tantek has impressive sexual organs.

It's not normally considered negative. Just silly.

For classic double entendre's it's best to look to the art of
Pantomime or to 1970s television situation comedys from Britain and
America.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk   for all your tapsell ferrier needs