URI profiles [was RE: [uf-discuss] Comments from IBM/Lotus repabout Microformats]

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Thu Dec 14 11:27:07 PST 2006

In message <011b01c71f6e$100b0610$0201a8c0 at andrieuhome>, Joe Andrieu
<joe at andrieu.net> writes

>Andy Mabbett wrote:

>> 1)  If profiles are mandatory (or implicitly required by
>> p*rser behaviour), what happens to people who cannot edit the
>> "head" element (blog or CMS users, for instance)?
>
>Without meaning to sound flippant, they should convince their tool
>providers to support microformats.

You don't sound flippant, but your proposal does seem somewhat naive, or
at least idealistic; and contrary to the work being done to advocate uFs
more widely.

>> 2) Rather than having a profile for each uF (and, presumably,
>> near-duplicate profiles for nested uFs such as geo or adr in
>> hCard?) why not have one over-arching profile for all microformats?
>
>If you want an XMDP for that, I'm not sure how it would work. I think it
>would be a pain to maintain.

How, more so than maintaining one for each?

--
Andy Mabbett
            *  Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>