professional relations (was: XFN usage stats and Re:[uf-discuss]rel="muse" implies romantic relationship?)

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 23:31:27 PST 2006

Siegfried Gipp wrote:
> You don't need the "custom:" prefix. Anyone can define
> his/her own relationships. BTW, there are more relationships
> than between persons. Think of rel="prev", rel="next",
> rel="contents", ...
> So if you need your own relations for whatever, simply use
> them. It's just it is no microformat.

You are making an invalid assumption which is that I'm concerned about my
markup. No, I'm not. I've concerned about the need for a standard to be
created so that a body of knowledge and tools can be developed around that
body of knowledge, and people will evangelize and a large number of people
will implement.

But that said, it's now clear to me that the microformat brand is not going
to address my concern. No need to discuss any more; it's a dead issue.

--
-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/