[uf-discuss] Advocacy: add-ons for browsers other than FireFox

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 08:35:09 PST 2006

On 12/22/06, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:

> We have a page about uF-aware add-ons for FireFox:
>
>         <http://microformats.org/wiki/firefox-extensions>
>
> Does anyone know of similar tool  for Opera, Internet Explorer, or other
> browsers?

There is a javascript bookmarklet[1] which should work in any browser
(i use it in Safari). I know there has been discussion with IE 8 (or
maybe 9) to get plugin architecture, so things like Tails and Operator
and greasemonkey can used in that browser.

So i dont know of any tools right NOW, but there is plans in the works
for other browsers to potentially have microformats support - someone
just has to build it.

-brian

[1] - http://leftlogic.com/info/articles/microformats_bookmarklet

--