[uf-discuss] rel="nsfw"

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Fri Dec 29 06:23:32 PST 2006

In message
<e86992a40612290558i6e93a71dsac21c52e264e1d77 at mail.gmail.com>, Frances
Berriman <fberriman at gmail.com> writes

>This is exactly the issue we came up with when we started discussing a
>content-rating format a few months back, and previous again to that
>[1].

Thank you.

>It's very difficult to come up with a universal standard for
>describing content and it's "safety".

Yet there are many existing standards for doing so; which are far more
considered and granular than the binary "NSFW".

What happened to the uF "requirement" for research into existing
practices?

>[1]
>http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-
>discuss/2006-July/004942.html

That article suggests linking to <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSFW>
using rel-tag. It doesn't say what happens if/ when that article is
deleted.

--
Andy Mabbett

                        Merry Bloomin' Christmas!