[uf-discuss] Canonical List of <Link> @rel attribute values?

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 14:45:30 PST 2006

Brian Suda wrote:
> > Does anyone know if there is a canonical List of <Link>
> @rel attribute
> > values?
>
> The HTML 4 spec has a list of terms:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/types.html
>
> other than that the posibilities for the rel attribute are open.

Thanks!  You know after I saw this I was able to find this[1] too,  which
ironically is a different list!

> > Are there any standards, conventions, etc. anywhere?
>
> There are several microformats which make use of the rel
> attribute - those could be considered conventions.

Without drilling down into them all, my memory was that none of them used
the <Link> element as it not visible; am I incorrect on that?

--
-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/

[1] http://www.iana.org/assignments/link-relations.html