[uf-discuss] chat microformat next steps

Paul Bryson paul at msn.com
Wed Feb 1 13:38:11 PST 2006

It looks like you're missing MSN Messenger's XML logs.  Some example files
are available here:
http://stupidpeople.commo.de/logs/After%20August%202004/

Atamido

"Christopher St John" <ckstjohn at gmail.com>
wrote in message
news:8ba906450602011045he277827oc3188c1adce3c149 at mail.gmail.com...
my suspicion is that the vast majority of chat logs published to the
web are the plain-old-text kind. i've been having problems verifying
that due to the difficulty of searching for markup, but i'm pretty sure
it's true.

i suspect some (re) discussion (or just documentation) of exactly
why a microformat is needed is in order, which involves a loop a back
to the "why?" step instead of a move onto "don't-propose-a-uf". i'll
check the list archives, but the chat examples page explanation is a
bit incomplete, it might be a good next thing to update.

if someone with memory of the events wants to point me in the right
date range or a particulary revealing thread subject, that would be
great, otherwise i'll just start searching the chat logs and email
archives.

-cks

--
Christopher St. John