[uf-discuss] hReview for Stocks

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Wed Feb 1 17:13:27 PST 2006

On Feb 1, 2006, at 5:01 PM, John Panzer wrote:
> Ryan King wrote on 2/1/2006, 3:49 PM:
>> Unless we have significant research which demonstrates a specific
>> behavior here, I would not be inclined to do anything special for
>> stocks (beyond a normal product/business review).
>
> I think there are really two questions here:
>
> (1) What's the right way for us to review a stock, and (given that we
> have a requirement to identify the ticker symbol) the right way to let
> us add those semantic classnames without breaking the microformat?
>
> (2) Is there any interest in standardizing on the classname(s) used in
> #1 so the result would be useful to other people?
>
> I can easily see us getting an consensus on #1 and a "No" to #2, which
> would be fine.

For now, I'd say follow the advice from question #9 of http://
microformats.org/wiki/hreview-faq. If, after several grounds try that
approach, we find that there are gaps between that practice and how
people publish this stuff, we can look at finding a way to describe
stocks on the web.

-ryan
--
Ryan King