[uf-discuss] hAtom permalink

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Fri Feb 3 14:26:26 PST 2006

In hAtom#Permalink [http://microformats.org/wiki/
hatom#Entry_Permalink], we currently have a few things I'd like to
remove:

1. "Entry Permalinks SHOULD be absolute URIs"

I suggest that we eliminate this completely.

2. "Entry Permalinks MUST be the same as the atom:link (or rss:link)
used in syndication feeds"

This is out-of-scope for a microformat. I suggest we eliminate it.

3. "If an Entry has multiple elements marked as the Entry Permalink,
they MUST have exactly the same URI" and "The first valid element in
an Entry marked as an Entry Permalink is the Entry Permalink
"

I think we can just go with the latter, no need for both.

Objections?

-ryan
--
Ryan King