[uf-discuss] Tag to URL namespacing, mod_rewrite?

Sun Feb 5 05:04:37 PST 2006

Hi guys;

I'm developing a web application which uses tagging, and so of course
I want to use rel-tag. For this I need a nice clean URL, so I was
planning to use mod-rewrite to map a clean URL onto my underlying
scripts.

I used Apache's mod_rewrite and I tried to set up:

http://localhost/~phil/app/tag/car

to be mapped to:

http://localhost/~phil/app/script.php?tag=car

and it worked - except that URL also changed in the browser's address
bar. Does anyone know how to make this happen only internally, so the
user still sees the clean URL?

Many thanks;

  - Phil Cooper.