[uf-discuss] re: hCalendar test cases and parser

Mark Mansour mark at lifelint.com
Wed Feb 8 13:18:07 PST 2006

On 2/8/06, Ed Summers <ehs at pobox.com> wrote:
> Are there any technical details on how lifelint parsing works? Since
> this is happening server side do you plan on releasing the code in
> some way? Maybe I just missed the details in this thread or on your
> website.

At this point I'm not planning on releasing the code with an open
source style license.  I may write a series of blog entries that
detail the workings of the code though if I get enough interest.
Shoot me an email out of band if you have any thoughts on what portion
of the parser you'd like detailed.

> Nice work by the way. I like the rdf output which should hopefully
> attract some eyes from the uppercase semantic web crowd.

Thanks, I hope it gains some attention too.  Let's wait and see.

> I did notice that the rdf output includes some diagnostic message in
> the output at the end:

That's a bug.  Thanks for picking it up.

Mark

> --
>
> <rdf:RDF
>     xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/icaltzd#"
>     xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
>   <Valarm>
>     <action>AUDIO</action>
>     <trigger>19980403T120000Z</trigger>
>     <attach>http://host.com/pub/audio-files/ssbanner.aud</attach>
>     <repeat>4</repeat>
>     <duration>PT1H</duration>
>
>   </Valarm>
>   <Vcalendar>
>     <prodid>-//Life Lint//LifeLintCalendar 0.5//EN</prodid>
>     <version>2.0</version>
>     <component>
>       <Vtodo>
>         <attendee>jqpublic at host.com</attendee>