wiki-thon? Re: [uf-discuss] Microformats.org usability review

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Wed Feb 8 15:44:15 PST 2006

In message <e8ca2e110602081020yb2d0b21x382bad089b104cec at mail.gmail.com>,
Carl Beeth <carl.beeth at gmail.com> writes
>One of the potholes is in my opinion the little intro text on the home
>page:
>
>What are microformats
>Designed for humans first and machines second, microformats are a set
>of simple, open data formats built upon existing and widely adopted
>standards. Learn more about microformats.

How about:

        Microformats are a set of tools, which use widely-adopted
        standards to make common types of data (for example events or
        licensing terms) easy to read, by both humans and machines. They
        do this by describing them in a simple and versatile, yet
        strictly defined, way. Learn more about microformats.

Of course, there may be more suitable examples.
--
Andy Mabbett

        Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>