[uf-discuss] Signalling use of microformats?

David Osolkowski qidydl at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 07:24:41 PST 2006

On 2/9/06, Angus McIntyre <angus at pobox.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to indicate - for the benefit of robots, for example -
> that a given web page contains markup that conforms to one or more
> microformats? I'm imagining something along the lines of:

Ironically, this is exactly the sort of thing microformats are against
using--it's not human-readable.  This means it's likely to be out of
date, even when it's present.  Leave it to the code to determine if a
page uses microformats, instead of putting the burden on the author.

Didn't someone already write a microformat spider/robot/crawler?