[uf-discuss] RSS/Atom to XHTML in Flock's Feed View

Benjamin Carlyle benjamincarlyle at optusnet.com.au
Fri Feb 10 19:05:56 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 13:03 -0600, Scott Reynen wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2006, at 10:00 AM, Chris Messina wrote:
> > Are there examples in
> > the wild of RSS/Atom conversions into hAtom?
> Luke Arno is working on it in XSLT, having already gone the other way:
> http://lukearno.com/projects/hAtom/

"Working on" may be too strong a word. We (Robert Bachmann and I)
haven't heard from Luke since before Christmans, and Robert is hosting
the current version of Luke's hAtom2Atom.xsl project. No doubt we'll
hear from Luke again soon, but in the interim I think Chris will still
require some separate help.

I originally did not think such a transform would be useful, but it
could be an interesting project. The main variable to consider is
exactly what you want your output html to look like. Is it just a div
for the hfeed with divs for each entry inside? How will you format the
summary and content blocks? How will you layout information about
authors and the like?

hAtom2Atom.xsl has simple constrained requirements with somewhat tricky
parsing and processing. Atom2hAtom.xsl will have fairly simple parsing
and processing, but more complicated and subjective requirements.

--
Benjamin Carlyle <benjamincarlyle at optusnet.com.au>