[uf-discuss] hresume draft

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Feb 13 07:34:59 PST 2006

On 2/13/06 1:08 AM, "Andy Mabbett" <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:

> In message <B45382E8-E65F-4E5B-9CEA-DF4923555474 at technorati.com>, Ryan
> King <ryan at technorati.com> writes
>>> 2) the resultant hCards contain out-of-date information, with a
>>> person identified under a job title they no longer hold (except
>>> possibly the most recent experience).
>>
>> Right, except this data is within the context of an event, which has
>> dates associated with it.
>
> Why not:

> (bearing in mind that many people have more than one current job (or
> other role, such as voluntary work)?

That would add *4* more *new* class names to the vocabulary, which is
something we very much seek to avoid (part of the "micro" in microformats is
about minimizing vocabulary and keeping it simple).

See: http://microformats.org/wiki/naming-principles

We try as much to reuse existing microformats (e.g. hCard) as possible,
where the underlying semantics are the same.  As Ryan pointed out the
temporal nature is already handled by the containing hCalendar event.

Someone's business card is *still* one of their business cards, even 5 years
later, even after they have changed jobs.  In essence that's what we're
saying with hResume, that for each job, you (at least semantically) have or
had a business card and thus it makes sense to use hCard to represent that
information.

> I would avoid class="title", anyway, as there's already a title
> attribute.

See hCard:

 http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard

Thanks,