[uf-discuss] mashup camp meeting

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Wed Feb 22 13:21:42 PST 2006

Yesterday, a number of interested folks joined in to meet at
MashupCamp to resolved some issues related to the current
microformats efforts. Agenda and attendees are on the mashup camp
wiki [http://mashupcamp.com/index.cgi?HAtomFinalization].

Here's a summary of things which were discussed and resolved.

== hAtom
* should the classname hfeed be required? If not, what's the behavior?
** decision: it should be treated just as 'vcalendar' is treated - if
there is no hfeed, we assume that the entire document is the feed.

* content?
** we decided to go with entry-content, to eliminate conflicts with
current usage of the classname 'content' and because atom's concept
of 'content' isn't neccessarily reusable and therefore isn't useful
as a plain word.
** since we're doing entry-content, it reasonable to also accept
entry-title and entry-summary. This is a bit of a change, since we'd
previously converged on using 'headline' for the entry's title, but
those present thought it reasonable to keep things consistent.

* updated, published
** these will be kept as-is, with no 'dt' prefixing

* contributer - still deferred to later versions.

* categorization - rel-tag should map to atom entry categories and
rel-tag+rel-directory should map to atom feed categories, but we
still need to specify this.
*

== hResume
* it was suggested that we spend a bit more time researching the job
sites, in addition to the research done on self-published resumes.
* we decided that the object-inclusion method should require the
classname 'include,' in order to make these semantics explicit. see
http://microformats.org/wiki/include-pattern for the generalization.

== hReview
* we went over the planned additions for v0.3, and they were accepted
with little objection [http://microformats.org/wiki/review-
brainstorming#hReview_0.3_thoughts].

For those who were there, or joined in remotedly, please feel free to
add anything I missed.

-ryan
--
Ryan King