[uf-discuss] entry permalink in hatom

David Janes -- BlogMatrix davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Wed Jan 4 12:38:39 PST 2006

Ryan King wrote:
> On Jan 4, 2006, at 11:49 AM, David Janes -- BlogMatrix wrote:
>
>> Ryan King wrote:
>>> In http://microformats.org/wiki/hatom#Entry_Permalink, we have:
>>> Which does not seem neccessary, as 'bookmark' is defined as a link
>>> type in HTML 4 [http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/types.html#h-6.12].
>>> Why don't we just reference the HTML spec here?
>>
>> I've been kind of pushing this for the last few months in the
>> background (that is "rel-bookmark"). I was just thinking we'd make it
>> explicit with a page that basically just references the HTML spec.
>
> I'm saying, why not just skip the intermediary?

To "officially" add it to the knowledge base of microformats, rather
than just having to having people stumble upon it. This is especially
valuable for casual users of a microformats (as opposed to us, we who
are immersed).

The next question may be, why not add all the HTML rel types [1]? My
answer to this would be "add them as we use them".

Regards, etc...
David

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/types.html#type-links