[uf-discuss] entry permalink in hatom

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Wed Jan 4 14:02:20 PST 2006

On 1/4/06 1:52 PM, "David Janes -- BlogMatrix" <davidjanes at blogmatrix.com>
wrote:

> Tantek Çelik wrote:
>
>> An explanation is different from a specification.
>>
>> I would welcome a tutorial on rel-bookmark on microformats.org -- let's just
>> be very clear that it is NOT a new microformat, nor would it be a
>> specification.
>>
>> Perhaps we could call it:
>>
>>  http://microformats.org/wiki/rel-bookmark-tutorial
>>
>> Other suggestions for indicating that something is a explicitly an
>> informative tutorial rather than a specification (I'm not saying we have to
>> always append "-tutorial", but naming conventions tend to be useful,
>> especially when one could easily confuse a /wiki/rel-bookmark page as being
>> a specification since the URL looks like other /wiki/rel-* pages).
>
> Conceptually, is there a microformat "rel-bookmark" or not (irregardless
> of who is providing the spec)?

No there is no "rel-bookmark" microformat.

rel="bookmark" is a normative part of the HTML 4.01 specification.

Using rel="bookmark" is "just" using semantic (X)HTML. Nothing new about it.

> where people are going to look. This of course code just say "this is
> defined by HTML 4.01" and "here's how we use it [[rel-bookmark-tutorial]]"

Are you suggesting we put in a stub page on the wiki for everything we
re-use from HTML 4.01?

(not a rhetorical question)

Thanks,

Tantek