[uf-discuss] rel-tag @title attribute

Mark Pilgrim pilgrim at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 07:36:17 PST 2006

In hCard, you can use the @title attribute to specify a
"machine-readable" version of a value, and leave the human-readable
version in the child text.

In Atom 1.0, a "category" can have three parts: term, scheme, and
label.  "term" seems to map to the "machine-readable" value, and
scheme seems to map to the @href of the rel-tag, without the final
component.  Does rel-tag also allow for a human-readable label?

For example, this is a basic rel-tag:

In Atom 1.0, I *think* this would be represented as

<category term="tech" scheme="http://del.icio.us/tag/"/>

But it's possible that I'm wrong about the scheme truncation.
Regardless of that issue (which is important, but separate from the
next issue)... let's say I had an Atom 1.0 category like this:

<category term="tech" label="Technology" scheme="http://del.icio.us/tag/"/>

How would I represent this with rel-tag?

Option 1: <a href="http://del.icio.us/tag/tech" title="tech">Technology</a>
Option 2: <a href="http://del.icio.us/tag/tech" title="Technology">tech</a>
Option 3: something else I haven't considered

--
Cheers,
-Mark