[uf-discuss] rel-tag trailing slash problem

Mark Pilgrim pilgrim at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 10:00:16 PST 2006

On 1/11/06, Tantek Çelik <tantek at cs.stanford.edu> wrote:
> On 1/11/06 9:18 AM, "Mark Pilgrim" <pilgrim at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > OK, another quick question about rel-tag.  What is the tag value of
> > the following:
> >
> > <a rel='tag' href='http://del.icio.us/tag/tech/'>tech</a>
> >
> > According to my reading of the rel-tag spec (which, granted, I just
> > edited, so I may have screwed this up in the process), the tag value
> > is an empty string, because of the final trailing slash in the URL.
> >
> > Is this the correct interpretation,
>
> No.
>
> Trailing slashes are ignored.

Well, that should *definitely* be mentioned in the spec, then.  None
of the examples cover this case, and by my reading, the text actually
explicitly contradicts it with its references to "the last segment of
the URL path".  (This was the case even before I started mucking with
the text this morning, although I've apparently made the situation
worse by bringing in the actual definition of a path segment from RFC
3987.)

--
Cheers,
-Mark