[uf-discuss] hReview feedback

Benjamin Carlyle benjamincarlyle at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jan 11 13:05:24 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 13:24 -0600, Scott Reynen wrote:
> Mark Nottingham wrote:
> > For example, a review's author might be inferred from the Web site
> > it's hosted on.
> What about doing something similar to hAtom:
> 'if an Entry has 0 Entry Author elements, the "logical Entry Author"
> is assumed to be the author of the XHTML page' [1]

Reviews are often carried out in blog entries, so if hAtom sees
widespread adoption it may also be useful to say "is assumed to be the
author of the containing hAtom entry". You could try and generalise by
saying "the containing microformat", but that is probably going too far.
You might even make some kind of assumption about dtreviewed, although
exactly what assumption would presumably be up for debate. Once hAtom
0.1 is out we should probably begin to formulate best practice
guidelines for "several hReview entries within one hAtom entry", which
seems to be a common case.

--
Benjamin Carlyle <benjamincarlyle at optusnet.com.au>