[uf-discuss] hCalendar Implementation

brian suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 15:21:20 PST 2006

I sent an email earlier and mis-spoke, hCalendar does NOT have a TZ
property, that is in vCard/hCard. Ryan is correct, there is no "easy"
way in iCalendar to define a timezone, except through the VTIMEZONE,
which is NOT implement in hCalendar.

X2V will convert a ISO time with Timezone to a UTC time, that mean that
it is UNIVERSAL based on GMT. So your calendaring application (like
apple iCal) has your LOCAL timezone and will adjust the event time
according to your local view. So an event in California at 1PST will
actually be (+8 hours to GMT, 9pm London Time), this if i in the central
timezone download that hCalendar my iCal app will look at the 9pm UTC
and do a -6 hours to get me back to Central time.)

So i think to answer your question, yes X2V will download the file to a
UTC date-time and your LOCAL application should adjust it to your LOCAL
timezone.

Sorry about any confusion about the TZ property in hCalendar, is is NOT
included! - i was thinking about  hCard.
-brian