[uf-discuss] Microformats + Thunderbird

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at opendarwin.org
Tue Jan 31 08:07:13 PST 2006

Hi Chris,

Hmm. I'm not sure if I understand your solution.  To avoid
corruption, I'm pretty sure AddressBook doesn't want people writing
directly to its private data store (regardless of format), so there
needs to be some API.

Now, the idea of an "hCard" API for data access is interesting (and
perhaps RESTful :-), but a simpler solution would arguably be to
reuse a format they already have in common, like LDAP.  Wouldn't it?

--- Ernie P.