[uf-discuss] X2V, technorati.com/events/, and MS Outlook 2003

Dimitri Glazkov dimitri.glazkov at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 10:17:04 PDT 2006

Interesting. It seems that "VERSION: 2.0" in an iCal export result
makes MS Outlook 2003 fail to import an event, and throw up a somewhat
insane error message about Lunar vs. Gregorian calendar:

This error can appear if you have attempted to save a recurring Lunar
appointment in iCalendar format.
To avoid this error, set the appointment option to Gregorian instead of Lunar.

Doh!

Changing the line field to "VERSION: 1.0" fixes the problem. Just a
heads up. I am not sure if the VERSION field itself is the root of the
problem. I'll be digging some more and posting this to
http://microformats.org/wiki/icalendar-implementations

:DG<