[uf-discuss] UID in iCalendar

Marko Mrdjenovic mf at friedcellcollective.net
Mon Jul 3 14:05:31 PDT 2006

Brian,

I said that one needs to be specified if it's required. The RFC says
this in section "4.8.4.7 Unique Identifier":

   Conformance: The property MUST be specified in the "VEVENT", "VTODO",
   "VJOURNAL" or "VFREEBUSY" calendar components.

I think the important thing is to make hCalendar as importable but to
keep it as human friendly as possible. The spec should not require a UID
but if it's required it should be recommended to the converter how to
create one.

Regards,
Marko Mrdjenovic