[uf-discuss] proposal: a.include

Jeremy Keith jeremy at adactio.com
Sun Jul 9 02:57:44 PDT 2006

Ryan wrote:
> As many of us already know, browser support for the object element
> is somewhat annoying and problematic when using the include pattern

I hear ya. :-(

> Now, I'd like to make a proposal- we should relax the include
> pattern to also be used on anchors,
>>  <object data="#j" class="include" type="text/html"></object>
>>

> This would become:

This would certainly solve all the browser issues and I imagine it
would be relatively straightforward for parsers to handle.

But...

> I don't think using anchor tags for this is optimal or pretty

+1

Having empty a elements smells wrong to me. Ideally, it would be nice
to have something self-contained (and self-closing) like the link
element.

But, as you say, it works so it gets my vote.

Bye,

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Keith