[uf-discuss] Currency microformat

Ben Buchanan wzqtptl02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Jul 17 23:24:30 PDT 2006

Hi all,

A recent discussion with a travelling friend has sparked some ideas
about a microformat for displaying prices and other currency-based
figures.

The classic problem example would be a page stating a price of "$50".
Is that Australian dollars? US dollars? Monopoly money? :)

So anyway I'm following The Process
(http://microformats.org/wiki/process) and I'm up to searching for
existing formats/work. So far I've only seen the ISO standard for
three-letter codes, no format or microformat for consistently
displaying them.

Does anyone know of relevant resources I should check out?

cheers,

Ben

--
--- <http://weblog.200ok.com.au/>
--- The future has arrived; it's just not