[uf-discuss] Developing a strategy for deployment of microformats

Ciaran McNulty mail at ciaranmcnulty.com
Tue Jul 18 09:23:59 PDT 2006

Brian Kelly <B.Kelly at ukoln.ac.uk> wrote:
> > > There is also a need to define what hCard tools should do if they
> > > encounter multiple occurrences of hCards.  I understand that Brian
> > > Suda's Web- based XSLT service processes the first occurrence on a
> > > page,

> > From: Ryan King [mailto:ryan at technorati.com
> > No, it processes all of them.

Brian Kelly <B.Kelly at ukoln.ac.uk> wrote:
> If I use the bookmarklet on the
> http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/web-focus/events/workshops/webmaster-2006/sessions/ke
> lly/
> I get one hCard, whereas Tails correctly displays two.

Specifically, Brian Suda's service will return one .vcf file that
contains two vCards.

I get the following output when entering your URL:

BEGIN:VCARD
PRODID:-//suda.co.uk//X2V 0.8 (BETA)//EN
SOURCE:http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/web-focus/events/workshops/webmaster-2006/sessions/kelly/
NAME:Institutional Web Management Workshop 2006: Sessions
VERSION:3.0
X-TEST:false
N;CHARSET=UTF-8:Kelly;Brian;;;
FN;CHARSET=UTF-8:Brian Kelly
EMAIL:b.kelly at ukoln.ac.uk
TEL:+44 1225 383943
URL:http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/
END:VCARD

BEGIN:VCARD
PRODID:-//suda.co.uk//X2V 0.8 (BETA)//EN
SOURCE:http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/web-focus/events/workshops/webmaster-2006/sessions/kelly/
NAME:Institutional Web Management Workshop 2006: Sessions
VERSION:3.0
X-TEST:false
N;CHARSET=UTF-8:Phipps;Lawrie;;;
FN;CHARSET=UTF-8:Lawrie Phipps