[uf-discuss] Currency microformat

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Wed Jul 19 06:54:26 PDT 2006

On Jul 19, 2006, at 8:32 AM, Ben Buchanan wrote:

> So, the problem we're trying to solve is how to have pages *define*
> the
> currency of the prices presented. Implication and guesses are too
> open for
> error, with high potential consequences.

Okay, that looks to me more like a simple, clear problem that
microformats could potentially solve.  But I'd suggest that a lot of
the recent discussion here has strayed into other problems.  For
example:

> Then Consider providing multiple translations of one price in
> different amounts...

How does considering this help us define the currency of the prices
presented?  It looks like we just strayed from marking up currency to
marking up exchange rates.

Peace,
Scott