[uf-discuss] Currency microformat

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Wed Jul 19 15:13:17 PDT 2006

On Jul 19, 2006, at 3:35 PM, Andy Mabbett wrote:

> In message <542F5687-F3A3-4782-9E2A-08B0A6DA5B80 at randomchaos.com>,
> Scott
> Reynen <scott at randomchaos.com> writes
>>> Then Consider providing multiple translations of one price in
>>> different amounts...
>>
>> How does considering this help us define the currency of the prices
>> presented?  It looks like we just strayed from marking up currency to
>> marking up exchange rates.
>
> Working out values in secondary currencies is a (real-time or
> daily) job
> for server-side scripting or user agents, surely?

Sure, but that doesn't make it the same problem.  If we don't stick
to a specific problem, we risk never solving anything as the goal
continuously changes.  Case in point:

On Jul 19, 2006, at 4:37 PM, Michael Leikam wrote:

> If enabling exchange rate and value-over-time calculations
> is a goal for a currency uf, I think we'll find them
> essential.

None of the examples or brainstorming on the wiki so far seem to
involve exchange rates nor value-over-time.  That appears to be a
separate, more complicated problem that can and should be considered
after a currency microformat is complete, not before.

Peace,
Scott