[uf-discuss] creators updated

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Wed Jul 19 17:16:15 PDT 2006

Andy, Dmitry,

Thanks VERY MUCH for this feedback, this is exactly the kind of bugs,
suggested fixes, and feature requests that are helpful.

I have just did a tiny bit of references/relatedpages cleanup on hCard and
hCalendar and have linked to a couple of pages on the wiki which can be used
to gather feedback persistently (and +1 other folks' suggestions)

 http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-creator-feedback
 http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar-creator-feedback

Specifics below...

On 7/19/06 4:14 PM, "Andy Mabbett" <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:

> In message <4DE6F508-C3E8-40DB-85A1-E6EE723D8EE2 at technorati.com>, Ryan
> King <ryan at technorati.com> writes
>> The javascript creators have been updated, please let me know if you
>> see any problems.
>
> Your:

> is an accessibility no-no: don't reduce fonts size below 100%.

According to whom?  I've never heard this, and if you could cite a WCAG or
Section 508 reference for this it would be appreciated.

My suggestion would be to change it to "font-size:smaller".

> Better still make the "advert" optional, or get rid of it completely.

Just delete it from the code when you copy and paste it.

> Also, ampersands in the summary, location, description or URL are not
> escaped to "&amp;"; likewise "<" and ">", allowing HTML tags to be
> included.

This is worthy of discussion.  I think it's a feature that allow HTML tags
to be included.

> The hyphen before "at [location]" should be an "&mdash;", preceded by a
> space.

Agreed.

> You should prompt for a "title" attribute for the <a> link.

Why?

> The date format "July 19 20, 2006" is US-centric; offer a "19-20 July
> 2006" variant (with an "&ndash;", but no comma) and consider others.
>
> Allow times to be presented in the more human-readable "7.30pm" format.

Reasonable feature requests to be sure, though I'm a bit wary of how big
these requests may become when you take into account all the locale-specific
date and time formats.

On 7/19/06 4:39 PM, "Dmitry Baranovskiy" <dmitry.baranovskiy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've noticed couple of small issues:
> 1. hCard Creator: AIM screenname & YIM screenname overlap each other in Safari

Please add to http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-creator-feedback and note
version of Safari you are using.

> 2. hCalendar Creator: dtend has fromat "2006620", I think should be "20060620"

That's definitely a bug.  Please add that too.

> 3. hReview Creator: word "date*" in "review date*" jumps on the next
> row and moves "reviewer*" down in Safari. It looks like "review" is
> label for date, "date*" is label for text field and "reviewer*" is
> label for empty row. Also I didn't noticed value of url field in
> generated code. And also, should "photo" be inside an "item" as well
> as "fn" and "url"?

Good questions.  Wanna create the hreview-creator-feedback page based on one
of the others and add to it?

Thanks,

Tantek