[uf-discuss] hcard question

Ben Buchanan wzqtptl02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Jul 20 16:49:41 PDT 2006

> If I have two urls associated with a person, i.e. profile and blog, how do I
> define these in the link?
> I've tried class="url type". Is there a way to get the hcard to say
> profile: linkurl
> Blog: linkurl

We tried to resolve this while implementing hCard in our phonebook,
but sadly to no avail. The limitation being in vCard, there's not a
lot we can do in hCard without breaking the standard.

I agree with Tantek that defining profile vs. blog probably gets a bit
too specific, but a broad distinction between work and personal would
be good.

The overall pattern is a bit like phone numbers. I was surprised that
you couldn't re-use the home/work phone number typing to make that
same broad distinction between work and personal URLs.

The same work/personal distinction would be good for IM usernames too.

- Ben

--
--- <http://weblog.200ok.com.au/>
--- The future has arrived; it's just not